Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Got Lei'd!!!


Memorial Day Bob and I went to a luau at my sister's house. It was fun! We drank pina colodas, Bahama mamas, and Washington apple shots from frozen ice shot glasses. Coconut shrimp, fresh fruit and pineapple salsa my mom made were the appetizers. For the main course, Josh made a sweet-n-spicy chicken that was very good.

My three nieces had a blast! Josh made them virgin pina colodas and they loved them. Jenna, her sister Hilah and Inara looked cute wearing their leis as headbands.Rocky the dog also got into the act by wearing a lei. He is the best dog in the world!! I want to steal him from my sister.
Ayden showed off his best Power Rangers move for me. Look at that shirt! How adorable. He is a great little guy.









Then there is my honey!! You can see Josh in the background cooking. My mom made some citrus rice to go with the chicken, and I made an oriental salad (Josh told me to bring it!) Everyone had a great time.
Bob said my sister looked like a Sold Gold dancer with her off-the-shoulder shirt, and my sister replied "What is a Solid Gold dancer?" Makes me feel old!!!!!!!!

Knitting News: I am almost done with Coachella and I tried it on, it is a bit too small under the arms, but looks great overall. I am using Paton's Brilliant yarn. It has some sparkle in it. The colorway is green/gold and I can't wait for the top to be done!

No comments: