Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tandoori Chicken

Last night I made tandoori chicken and it was great! My version goes like this:
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (not these ones)
2 cups plain yogurt
curry powder
turmeric
cumin
cinnamon

Mix yogurt and spices, marinate chicken in the mixture for 4-6 hours. Grill chicken until done.
I served it with an Asian-type slaw; I used broccoli slaw, green onions, diced cucumber and peanuts tossed together with a bottled Asian dressing and I made potatoes with garlic and dill.

I have gone semi-vegetarian, that chicken was the first meat I have had in almost a week. I am not missing meat that much. I had a veggie Whopper today (although it probably is just as bad for you with all the mayo on it!). I think I just need to eat more "whole" foods and stay away from processed things. The chicken club chalupa from Taco Bell is really calling my name.....

There is a new girl in the house and her name is Sake! Lucy does not like her at all, but they are slowly becoming friends. Sake has taken to chasing Lucy, and I think they are playing in their own way until they can figure out who belongs where in the household. Sake was adopted from a shelter at the pet fair and she is sweet and loving. Her favorite thing is to steal drinking straws from a cup.

No comments: