Wednesday, May 21, 2008

3:30 A.M.

For some odd reason, I cannot sleep. I think I am stressed out, but over what I do not know. The wedding planning is going along fine, Bob and I have only been engaged for 5 days and I already have everything planned, from the colors to the guest list, the bridesmaids gifts to the cake. My dress is picked out and we are just waiting to see if we can get the place for the reception and have to make a decision on food. I want everything to be done so I don't have to worry about it later. I just want to be able to show up on the day (tentatively June 20, 2009) and not worry about anything until then.

So now for wedding talk! My colors are Tiffany's blue/aqua and black, maybe with some silver mixed in. We are having a "retro martini bar/50's style/Audrey Hepburn" theme. I would like to have the reception at the Leopard Lounge at the Temple Theater. It would fit the theme perfectly! We are only having about 75 guests, with heavy hours d'oeuvres and cocktails. The one problem we have is where to get married. Bob has always wanted a church wedding, and he is Catholic and I am not. So that creates a problem. If it were up to me, we would get married on a beach in the Bahamas and that would be it. This is my second time around, but Bob has never been married. I have to admit that I like being able to plan a wedding (before I just got married at the courthouse, no reception, only family at a dinner).

Below is a picture of what I want my bouquet to look like, and to the right is the bridesmaids dress. Very simple. The blue of the roses is lighter than what my color would be, so I may have to find a different flower to get the color right.

Since Bob and I are doing this on our own, I am trying to keep things as reasonable as possible. I will attempt to make my own centerpieces for the tables, I don't plan on having any real flowers except for the wedding bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, something for the flower girls, and boutiners for the groom and best man (men?) The big expense is going to be the food and music. I have no clue about wedding favors. Bob said he has never heard of them, that it must be a Michigan thing. I am pretty sure wedding favors are common all over. I am not having a bridal shower or bachelorette party. I do want to have my nieces and soon-to-been nieces as flower girls, and my nephew and youngest soon-to-be niece as ring bearers. Other than that, I really have no clue how a wedding "goes". I have not been to many weddings, and have never been in one. I am sure I will have a lot of input from people along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the report on the Wedding The Future Mrs. Bob

Sandy said...

Yes, I noticed you were up late last night. Tonight it's my turn... I haven't been to bed yet, actually. I am done packing finally for Hawaii. We leave at 6 am for the airport... do you think I will get any sleep at all?

More later, from Hawaii,

sandy