Sunday, May 18, 2008

Uncle Sam Wants You To...



Have a beer for your country!!!!!!!!!

This was at the World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth yesterday. Bob and Josh just had to have a picture of themselves with Uncle Sam. The beer fest was great, there were a lot of great stouts (my favorite!) and even some non-beer beers, like the one that looked and tasted like an orange creamsicle. You bought a ticket for $1.00 and each sample taste took one ticket. Everyone was very friendly, in fact the attendees kept offering "do you want to try a sip of this?" No, Mr. Stranger, I do not want to drink out of your cup! I could easily go to the vendor and get a sample!
One thing they did have was deep fried Oreos. They were too sweet!!!
There was a live band there, and they started playing Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond, and EVERYONE sang along! It was fun. The drummer of the band was my friend Donnie Brown, who I have not seen in a few years. He is (was?) the drummer for The Verve Pipe. It was great to see him. He played drums with my brother at the Munger Potato Fest last summer but I did not get to see them play.
After the beer fest, we went to Old Town with my sister, Josh, and my sis' friends Becky and Mike (who are also newly engaged!)
At the right is Josh, me and Bob having some great beer.

No comments: