Monday, April 21, 2008

What the F*#k

So I have been having some chest pain off and on for about a week. It is right in the center of my chest, where the breast plate is. I thought maybe I coughed too hard and strained something, and it was not too painful and I could deal with it. Yesterday the pain was so intense and bad that I went to the hospital at 6:00 p.m. (I do not have insurance, so it has to be bad for me to go to the hospital!) They did all the usual tests, gave me nitro, davrocet, morphine and xanax. Nothing helped. The doctor said he wanted me to stay overnight for observation, and I turned into a royal bitch. First, they could not find anything wrong with me. Second, I cannot afford to stay. Third, I was still in a lot of pain. I was being wheeled to my room and said I wanted a cigarette. The nurse said "OK, and I will have one with you." She wheeled me outside, with me still in my bed, onto a loading dock to smoke.
Needless to say, I had a stress test this morning and it did not show anything. Neither did the x-ray. My heart is fine, my blood pressure is great, cholesterol is 139, I am perfectly healthy. I am still in a lot of pain, it feels like someone punched me in the middle of my chest. So what the f*#k is wrong with me? I cannot function like this. The pain comes and goes, but only goes away for about 30-40 minutes. I have been relaxing, I am not stressed out (that I know of) and the pain is still here.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey Aija, just saw this. Hope you are OK now. If you have having that kind of pain, they need to find out what's wrong. Anyway, I am thinking of you here. Sandy

Latvian Tomato said...

Hi, This is your mommy. I'm glad you are doing better. What shameful language; I never taught you like that! Oh, well. Hugs and Kisses.