Saturday, September 13, 2008

My New Ride

It is a Chevrolet Equinox. It is a car/SUV crossover and I love it! The color is bright blue (just like my old Focus) which I don't mind. The car has everything I could ask for...OnStar, XM radio, fancy rims, radio controls on the steering wheel and a nice smooth ride. My Focus was turning into a piece of junk (to put it mildly!) The front end struts and stabilizer bars were always breaking and it was a dangerous car to drive on snow. The Equinox is front-wheel drive (I did not opt for the AWD one) and it has some weight to it which will make it perfect for Michigan winters. The Focus also had front-wheel drive, but the thing was so light that it slid around the lane in snow making me feel like I was going to spin out, even at 20 mph.
The Equinox is a used 2005 model with only 55,000 miles on it. I was looking for a Ford Explorer Sport, but my sales buddy (who I know personally) said "you don't want that SUV" so I saw the Equinox and that was that. I have only put 35 miles on in in 3 days! I know gas prices are insane right now, but I don't drive that much (6 miles round trip to work) and gas is gas so I am not worried.

Here is a video on the vehicle




Also, it is now football season. Bob loves the Vikings so we spend most Sundays at Damon's to watch the game. I just take some knitting along to keep me busy!

No comments: