Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bounty from Mom


My mother has a great garden and loaded me up with a lot of goodies the other day.
Tomatoes, basil, parsley along with some garlic and a lemon. I made a wonderful baked bruschetta using some regular bread.

Baked Bruschetta
I rarely measure anything, so use your own judgments and taste!
  • 1 loaf French baguette
  • 1 stick butter, room temp
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • dried oregano
  • diced tomatoes
  • mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • fresh basil leaves
  • salt & pepper
Cut bread into slices about 1/2" thick. Toast slices in oven and set aside.
Mix butter, garlic and oregano together and spread some of the butter mixture on each slice of bread.
Top with tomatoes, salt & pepper and cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
Top with fresh basil leaves and serve.

Mom also gave me some homemade fish cakes (like crab cakes) and they were really good. I made a sauce of mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill to have with the cakes.

My stepbrother brought over a giant water slide for all the kids and the thing is huge!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hi Aija, been thinking about you a lot. Glad you are enjoying your mom's garden harvest. We're one week away from the Pet Fair here and it's crazy. Let's talk once my crazy rush is over! Love, Aunt Sandy