Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Year and Counting...

Bob and I get married on June 27, 2009! He is in Minnesota right now and I miss him.
I have been knitting up a storm since he left on Tuesday. Here is what I have made so far...
They are Arizona Flip Flop Socks. They were fun to make and cute to boot!! I used Cascade Fixation yarn, it is cotton with a little elastic. Soft and stretchy.

I also made this...Calorimetry is the pattern. It is a headband/hat. Very quick to knit and it fits great. I just need a button. I am going to make a lot of these to give away (Aunt Sandy, you are getting one!) It is a headband that keeps your ears warm, and allows your hair not to get mushed like wearing a hat would do. It is great for when you are wearing your hair up or for keeping it out of your face on a windy day. Click on the picture to see it in action.
Today I am going to get some more yarn (like I don't have enough already!) and buttons for Calorimetry. I may even try to put some things in the garage, our place still looks like we are just moving in. My bedroom is like a storage area, and I want to get in nice and girly like I had it at my house. It will be my area to relax and knit, surrounded by quilts, embroidered table runners, lace and pastel colors. I no longer have a dresser, it was stolen from my old house along with my mountain bike, jewelry armoire (with a pearl necklace in it) and various other things that I cannot replace. I think one of the renters stole the stuff, they are the only ones who had access to the basement where my things were.

No comments: